20130727-162720.jpg

Bandsaw Repair

I spent some time repairing the metal chopping bandsaw. Cut a new temporary bracket with oxyacetylene.

Sharpening took a while. I tried using a file on each tooth at first, which worked for maybe six cuts before it dulled again. Then I took a dremel to each tooth to deepen the valley between teeth, before simply running a sharpening stone backwards over the flats of the teeth. That did the trick and I got a lot more cuts out of it.

There is still something wrong with how the blade is held, as it cuts everything at a funny angle. But it’s good enough for now.

One thought on “Bandsaw Repair

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>