Category Archives: fix

20130727-162720.jpg

Bandsaw Repair

I spent some time repairing the metal chopping bandsaw. Cut a new temporary bracket with oxyacetylene.

Sharpening took a while. I tried using a file on each tooth at first, which worked for maybe six cuts before it dulled again. Then I took a dremel to each tooth to deepen the valley between teeth, before simply running a sharpening stone backwards over the flats of the teeth. That did the trick and I got a lot more cuts out of it.

There is still something wrong with how the blade is held, as it cuts everything at a funny angle. But it’s good enough for now.